Community discussion

10 days postop. Had my appointment with my podiatrist today and was fitted for a boot. My initial thought was…

Archive date 4 archived replies

10 days postop. Had my appointment with my podiatrist today and was fitted for a boot. My initial thought was that it looks worse however, my doctor ensured me that I was healing nicely. No sign of infection and my stitches are dissolvable, which is a relief that I will not have to have them removed. Weight-bearing as tolerated for short distances, so I'll be keeping the scooter around if needed. I do have to say my doctor is wonderful and did reassure me that taking one more week off of work is OK. Looks like three more weeks in the boot and then transitioning to shoes just in time for the snow to fall. See less

Archived from Bunion Support Group. The original discussion link is unavailable in this record.

Community replies

4 in this archive

This archive may not include every reply to the original discussion.

Community comment#2

I only wore a boot for two weeks. It started hurting a bit a few months after and still looked like a bunion. I asked for X-rays and it showed the bone they cut was still sticking out like a bunion. Definitely ask for X-rays after the boot is off

Community comment#3

Support Group(: Day 4 follow up appointment. One more week then weight bearing in a boot and back to work. Pain is bearable but definitely there. So weird to see how much shorter my second toe is now.

Community comment#4

Comment Elsie Heng Which method?

← More Lapiplasty 3D Bunion Surgery