Community discussion
4 months post surgery.
4 months post surgery. Are my bunions coming back?! definitely making a follow up appointment No photo description available. Shared post Linda Blake Smisko Does anyone with large bunions, as I have, wear barefoot shoes? Shared post Helen Shirley I am wanting to hear from anyone who has had complications from their bunion surgery, what procedure they had, and what complications they were. thank you! To add: I had the chevron osteotomy in 2021. It resulted in a dropped metatarsal. (Big toe). So , I’ve developed ankle issues , hip issues and tarsal tunnel syndrome as the big toe is too low, and I don’t push off on it correctly when I walk. I roll My foot. I functioned ok for the first 3 years then problems developed. Can’t go back to original surgeon as he likely won’t believe me or cover his tracks after all this time. I’ve seen 2 other orthopedic surgeons and both say no to redoing it. It’s a nightmare. I’m 43 and can’t walk much I am wanting to hear from anyone who has had complications from their bunion surgery, what procedure they had, and what complications they were. thank you! To add: I had the chevron osteotomy in 2021. It resulted in a dropped metatarsal. (Big toe). So , I’ve developed ankle issues , hip issues and tarsal tunnel syndrome as the big toe is too low, and I don’t push off on it correctly when I walk. I roll My foot. I functioned ok for th Shared post Garry Lauck Hey everybody. I am a new member and I have lots of questions. I will go ahead and ask a few now and hopefully start to get an understanding. I realize I should probably see a podiatrist, and I am getting close to that point…but I am a typical stubborn man. Which brings me to my first question. Is it common for men to have bunions? It seems like most or all posts I see are from women. Next question. Is the surgery worth it? I am not in a crazy amount of pain while wearing what I wear. I don’t have a lot of good shoe options. Hiking boots are too painful. The bunion sneakers I had are a broken ankle waiting to happen, very little support. What I found to be most comfortable for me are crocs and these extra wide walmart sneakers that cost like $20. How long will I be out of work if I go the surgery route? I am afraid of missing too much time. I posted a picture of my nasty foot. Would that be considered a bad bunion? Looks bad to me but idk. Sorry, my feet are gross. I work outside and am on my feet all day. My wife wants me to get a pedicure but to tell you the truth, I don’t like people seeing them. Anyway, glad to join the group and get some advice and knowledge. I have been dealing with this for years. Hey everybody. I am a new member and I have lots of questions. I will go ahead and ask a few now and hopefully start to get an understanding. I realize I should probably see a podiatrist, and I am getting close to that point…but I am a typical stubborn man. Which brings me to my first question. Is it common for men to have bunions? It seems like most or all posts I see are from women. Next question. Is the surgery worth it? I am not in a crazy amount of pain while No photo description available. Shared post
Archived from Bunion Support Group. The original discussion link is unavailable in this record.
Replies have not been captured for this archived discussion.
Replies have not yet been captured for this archived question.
Community replies
0 in this archive