Community discussion

4 weeks post op Tailor's Bunion revision and my pin came out today!!!!

Archive date 4 archived replies

4 weeks post op Tailor's Bunion revision and my pin came out today!!!! Hallelujah! Didn't feel good being pulled out but it was quick. Still in pain, still not a fully healed bone, still have to use a post op shoe, xray again in 4 weeks. I can slowly being to weighbear but only in the shoe. The hole from the pin and marrow should heal in a few weeks. If the next xray doesn't show full bone healing they will order a bone stimulator. My first surgery was this past September and it resulted in a non-union bone and constant pain. Praying this heals well because it's been depressing going through this again. Prayers to all of you for speedy healing! See less

Archived from Bunion Surgery / Foot Surgery Support. The original discussion link is unavailable in this record.

Community replies

4 in this archive

This archive may not include every reply to the original discussion.

Community comment#1

How's it healing now?

Community comment#2

Oh my. I have 3 pins. Hopefully they come out Monday!!!!

Community comment#3

I just had a Tailor's Bunion surgery revision because of a nonunion. I'm trying to find a shoe that works best not to rub the 5th metatarsal side, what are you all using? I also work in an office so something casual as well. I used Merrells after my first surgery but still not fully comfortable for that surgery side. I won't need them for another month but searching now. Thank you so much

Community comment#4

Comment Ann Albers Whitin shoes are my favs!

← More Pain Management After Foot Surgery