Community discussion

5 weeks PO. Am I just a whimp? I have such puffiness/swelling/pain on the pad and opposite side of my foot. I…

Archive date 4 archived replies

5 weeks PO. Am I just a whimp? I have such puffiness/swelling/pain on the pad and opposite side of my foot. I was given the go ahead to walk ( in boot) with my walker. I tried 2 days on and off. But, the pain was pretty bad. Back to elevating/ici g each day. I’ve read many of your posts that you were up and walking right away. Not my case. Anyone out there have this, just worried. Thank you.

Archived from Bunion Support Group. The original discussion link is unavailable in this record.

Community replies

4 in this archive

This archive may not include every reply to the original discussion.

Community comment#1

Looks like zero gravity too which is important for foot rehabilitation. Foot needs to work. Not too much padding - unless running.

Community comment#2

Support Group(: Hi all! My last post was a downer. Feeling better each day- Eliquis is doing its job. I saw my foot Dr today. My foot is healing well, 8 weeks post op. He said to go home and try walking in a shoe. I can walk without my boot! I tried on this shoe and I can get my foot in it. I’m walking some. It might be an option for some of you out there. There IS a light at the end of the tunnel on this journey so many of us are on. I needed to reach out with some positivity! I know I had a lot of low days.

Community comment#3

Would love to get into these, but with the swelling ( I think), I can't bend my foot enough to slip into them. Op on both feet 8 weeks ago.

Community comment#4

Lori it’s good to hear you’re doing well and wearing trainers. I’m six weeks behind you so it’s heartening to hear your positivity. Best wishes for your continued recovery.

← More Post-Surgery Swelling & Inflammation