Community discussion

7 weeks post op 3rd surgery same foot All in 1.5 years 1-lapiplasty 2-removal hardware revision and new…

Archive date 11 archived replies

7 weeks post op 3rd surgery same foot All in 1.5 years 1-lapiplasty 2-removal hardware revision and new hardware 3-again revision removed all hardware and new hardware different material ‘ Bones never fused most fusion after 2nd surgery was 25%’’ Taking all supplements calcium d k c b etc’ and bone stimulator Omg this fuses, 6 weeks no weight bear This week minimal with a walker Anyone have this experience or just me

Archived from Bunion Surgery / Foot Surgery Support. View the original discussion on Facebook (sign-in may be required).

Community replies

11 in this archive

The visible discussion was fully captured at the time of collection.

Community comment#1

Haha. Yep! I’m on my 9th surgery. Have they tried the bone stimulator?

Community comment#2

Sending you prayers for fusion! I just had my revision, replacement of hardware and bone fusion 2 weeks ago due to non union, and major discomfort. I try to stay healthy, exercise and take supplements as well. 🙏🏻

Community comment#3

Yep have had 15 surgeries with many complications over the last 10 years. Have had multiple revisions of 3 different fusions due to symptomatic nonunions. I hope they used bone graft this time around and that you see success!

Community comment#4

When is your next xray to determine if it's fusing?

Community comment#5

Like I was reading my story! 3 weeks post op 3 surgery on same foot All in 1 year 1. Lapiplasty 2. Hardware broke removed hardware never replaced hardware. I talked to the dr bc it looked like my bone had shifted upward. He told me it was scar tissue. 3. New doctor -it was explained the bone had shifted and created a non union. So I had to have a bone graft done, fuse my toe and upper part of first metatarsal. 13 screws and two plates. Non weight for 12 weeks…. I pray this is the last one. I will say this last surgery has been a blessing. No swelling and no pain.

Community comment#6

Did they do a bone graft for the second surgery?

Community comment#7

Xray at 8 weeks shows fused! But still need to wear cam boot 2 more weeks and increase weight bearing gradually

omg I’m reading your experience and saying poor girl but I’m sitting here with foot elevated and praying this is last time, can’t rewrite history so let’s both look forward and have positive results =!

that’s a lot,of hardware. I asked to remove all, they say I was rejecting the hardware from first surgery, she used a different material second time but still didn’t fuse, this time she removed all but put back in staple and 2nscrews

← More Lapiplasty 3D Bunion Surgery