Community discussion

7 weeks post-op. Today I got my first pedicure! There is still bruising around the incision and my foot is a…

Archive date 17 archived replies

7 weeks post-op. Today I got my first pedicure! There is still bruising around the incision and my foot is a bit swollen. My incision site is sensitive, but I have been padding it so that it does not bother me when wearing sneakers. I also walked the dogs a mile today. They pull, chasing bunnies, squirrels, other dogs, etc. I had been scared to walk them more than around the block for fear of falling if they suddenly pulled. I feel totally steady now. I could have probably gone further, but will just go a bit further every day. Aiming for 2 miles by end of week. Still going to PT 3x a week, working towards lunges and planks. Downward dog is no problem now. Lunges and planks require weight bearing on the toes while they are bent. So taking a bit longer to get there. But I see progress every week. I am overall very happy with my outcome so far.

May be an image of text

Archived from Bunion Surgery / Foot Surgery Support. View the original discussion on Facebook (sign-in may be required).

Community replies

17 in this archive

The visible discussion was fully captured at the time of collection.

Community comment#1

Wow you foot looks great!! I’m 5 weeks hoping to walk a mile once I reach 7 weeks. Thank you for the motivation!

Community comment#2

Looking awesome and so inspiring to see your beautiful pedicure. Did you have to take your nail polish off your toes for the surgery

Community comment#3

Where did you get this fantastic surgery and who was the Dr.? Wow! So impressed. Your foot looks great!

Community comment#4

It's funny because I was talking about not being able to lunge properly...and I have to wear socks to reduce friction. But I love your updates ...as your healing is really fantastic! I have no experience with the pedicure thing 😂 but I'm rooting for you.

Community comment#5

Looks great!

Community comment#6

Looks wonderful! Happy for you! And great color choice 🤗

Community comment#7

I’m at 8 months and my feet is still sensitive and gets swollen in the evening.

Community comment#8

Amazing- I’m new to all of this- what kind of procedure did you do? Minimally invasive?

Community comment#9

Looks fantastic!

Community comment#10

Nice!!

thanks. No, I did not remove my toenail polish before surgery. But I was not allowed a pedicure after surgery until the incision scab completely came off. My toenails were very overdue for cutting and shaping and my cuticles also needed maintenance.

maybe your wife can bring you for a pedicure! 😜 Are you still planning on PT back in the UK? We are working on lunges there. It feels fine to bend my toes, but it feels so wrong to bend the toes and then put weight on them. Rooting for you too, my friend!

HappyOtter7017 that is great! It is so nice when you finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. It is definitely a process that requires patience.

← More Minimally Invasive Bunion Surgery (MIS)