Omg! What have you decided?
Community discussion
I had my bunion surgery on 12th December 2024.
I had my bunion surgery on 12th December 2024. My 2nd toe is still overlapping big toe. Saw my consultant who has offered 3 possible solutions. First solution - do nothing. Second solution - amputate the second toe. Third solution - to have surgery to try and straighten the second toe but I need to sign something that says that if the second toe doesnt go pink after surgery that the surgeon can amputate the toe whilst under anaesthetic. Not much of a choice. Anyone else had this offered.
Archived from Bunion Support Group. View the original discussion on Facebook (sign-in may be required).
The visible discussion was fully captured at the time of collection.
I have decided to go for more surgery in the hope that the 2nd toe can be straightened. I still have to sign a paper to say the toe can be amputated if it goes black after the tourniquet is removed after the procedure. It needs to be done as it's catching when putting trousers on and crocs, plus it may become ulcerated later on in life. CT scan this Friday, plus I've got a painful lump that appeared after surgery under the foot by the upper pad under big toe. I'm hoping its not hardware or a broken metatarsal.
My problem pales in comparison 😬 all the very best for your surgery and recovery 😊
Is the second toe a plantar plate tear? I have the same issue with the toe overlapping. By it will be fixed along with my bunion. An amputation seems radical. Hope you’re seeking a second & third opinion.
Community replies
4 in this archive