Community discussion

20 days post-op...

Archive date 4 archived replies

20 days post-op... And for the first time since the Macarena hit the charts back in the late 90's, I’m travelling with one bunion instead of two. And this has been the MOST challenging post op situation I've put myself in. Moving through a busy international airport, I spent most of the day on my feet; waiting in queues, wheeling luggage, carrying a rucksack, and giving snacks with no nutritional value to my kids. Although I do have wide toe box sandals, wearing my orthopedic boot was DEFINITELY the right call... because of the extra space around the foot, nothing felt too tight or rubbed against my healing wounds... Not to mention, my "exaggerated" limp around the airport was so good, I think I might nab an Emmy nomination. But here's the irony... The "tight" or "throbbing" sensation in my right foot has been far easier to manage than a day with both my bunions at their worst! So I will continue with my mobility exercises, hydration, increased vitamin D & K2 and utilise my secret weapon... sleep (which I'm pretty good at! No one has to be Dave Goggins here, as everyone's recovery is going to be individual. I wouldn't recommend anyone travel unless you want or have to... and if you do... you MUST build in elevation and rest as much as possible, which is pretty easy to do on a beach holiday. Look after yourselves my friends. See less

Archived from Minimally Invasive Bunion Surgery. The original discussion link is unavailable in this record.

Community replies

4 in this archive

This archive may not include every reply to the original discussion.

Community comment#1

Amazing, Ty. That sea air and sunshine will help rejuvenate you. Fantastic that your exagerated limp kept people from stepping on your foot. Every time I have been in public, I have been super scared about someone stepping on my foot. I have been taki

Community comment#2

If it too much, the airline is also happy to wheelchair you from check-in counter to your plane seat .

Community comment#3

A bone takes up to a year to heal. Pain is different for everyone. I didn't have a lot of pain except when the nerve block wore off. There are pros and cons to every type of bunion surgery. Ask your podiatrist if you have concerns. They are the experts.

Community comment#4

I had 2 surgeries within 90 days on the same foot. My first was MIS, my first dr dismissed my pain after an xray showing my bone had shifted. I did everything I was supposed to do. My foot was sooo bruised after surgery, meaning a lot of soft tissue tr

← More Minimally Invasive Bunion Surgery (MIS)