Community discussion

26 hours post op. He did put in 2 screws. No pain yet. Is it going to hit?? Shared post Judy Lodico Salerno…

Archive date 0 archived replies

26 hours post op. He did put in 2 screws. No pain yet. Is it going to hit?? Shared post Judy Lodico Salerno Surgery 7Am tomorrow! Doctor said it would be 70 to 80% better which I am totally fine with. I didn’t want any pins or screws in my foot. I hear too many bad things about that. Shared post Ty Pie It's only been about 5 days post op...but... I miss walking!! 😭🥺😂 That being said, even though I still lumber like Frankenstein after a few beers at the pub, I think I'm moving in the right direction. Gentle activity was ALWAYS going to be a part of my plan, so I've been able to find some seated upper‑body workouts (using lightweight) and attempt core exercises — nothing too crazy, but enough to raise the heart rate. I mentioned before that I've increased vitamin D & K2 but still take my regular multivitamin, fish oil, turmeric, protein shakes with a sprinkling of creatine. So far, I haven't needed to use any pain relief, but I'm trying to stay as hydrated as possible. But in case I haven't said it already... I miss walking. So, to celebrate my upcoming one‑week MIS bunion surgery anniversary (🎊🥳🎉), I've found a nice new boot (arriving tomorrow) that I'll use to explore the outside world again... hopefully next week? But I'll be listening to my body like it was a Whitney Houston album and will not push too hard or too fast...but anyone who could share how they started the process of walking it would be greatly appreciated. Take good care of yourselves, my friends. It's only been about 5 days post op...but... I miss walking!! That being said, even though I still lumber like Frankenstein after a few beers at the pub, I think I'm moving in the right direction. G No photo description available.. May be an image of shoes and text that says 'Visit the Algeos Store 4.4文(61 4.4 (61) Post Op Shoe for Broken Toe, Foot Fracture, Wound Healing- - Medical Boot with Non-Slip lip Rubber Sole, Foot Support for Ligament Damage: Can Be Worn with Casts, Protects Sore Feet UK 10-12.5 ·····'. May be an image of bone and xray Shared post Ty Pie After having my MIS bunion surgery on 25.06.05. I felt pretty surprisingly good and was able to weight bare pretty much straight away... But my "ego" thought I wouldn't need any pain relief, but that's because the "nerve block" is very deceptive and tricks you into thinking you're Superman until it starts to wear off! 😅 Prior to the surgery I quite liked the "falling asleep" bit of the anesthetic, but after surgery I felt like my body was involved in the custody battle between hunger and nausea...but that has now gone. There have been some quite strong throbbing sensations in my foot at night making sleep the biggest challenge I'm facing at the moment... especially as I don't naturally sleep on my back. Even though I shuffle kinda like one of those walking dead zombies; I've upped my vitamin D with K2 intake and will continue with my vitamin C & zinc among others. I choose the MIS method, because I'm quite active and want gentle movement and mobility to be a part of my recovery process, but I'm writing these posts to "share" but not compare...but so far... despite the early challenges, I have no regrets. I've read a range of posts and experiences and have come to realise we're all individual, so it's important to stay as comfortable as possible and respect the healing process. Look after yourselves my friends. P.S. If this goes smoothly I will get the left one done as well. After having my MIS bunion surgery on 25.06.05. I felt pretty surprisingly good and was able to weight bare pretty much straight away... But my "ego" thought I wouldn't need any pain relief, but that's because the "nerve block" is very deceptive and tricks you into thinking you're Superman until it starts to wear off! Prior to the surgery I quite liked the "falling asleep" bit of the anesthetic, but after surgery I felt like my body was involved in the custody battle betw No photo description available. Shared post Sarah Fry I'm having MIS for my bunion on Tuesday. Any advice on how long it will be before I can return to the pool? Even if just to get it wet in a pool vs full out swimming?? May be an image of swimming and pool Shared post

Archived from Minimally Invasive Bunion Surgery. The original discussion link is unavailable in this record.

Community replies

0 in this archive

Replies have not been captured for this archived discussion.

Replies have not yet been captured for this archived question.

← More Bunion Surgery Recovery