Community discussion

3wks and 5 days post surgery plantar fasciectomy and Tarsal Tunnel release.

Archive date 15 archived replies

3wks and 5 days post surgery plantar fasciectomy and Tarsal Tunnel release. I have graduated out of my boot and into tennis shoes as long as my foot will tolerate. I am supposed to start doing my exercises and stretches, but not allow anything to hurt. I am also supposed to use vitamin E oil and start massaging my incision site and foot. I have also been allowed to return to work on Wednesday!

No photo description available.

Archived from Plantar Fasciitis Talk and Tips. View the original discussion on Facebook (sign-in may be required).

Community replies

15 in this archive

The visible discussion was fully captured at the time of collection.

Community comment#1

How long is your recovery time? I have to have this surgery as well. I'm not sure if we're going to be doing the fasciectomy but will be doing the Tarsel tunnel release

Community comment#2

Congratulations! What exercises are you going to do? I received nothing from my doc and I am a week ahead of you.

Community comment#3

Just a tip as I’ve had that done twice Ankle rolls ankle rolls ankle rolls do it consistently. The worst thing about this surgery is, most drs put you in a boot after, scar tissue starts to build asap. I tell you what though, NO MORE PAIN. Good luck

Community comment#4

How long is the anticipated recovery?? I’m praying i don’t have to go this route

I was told the nerve healing could be up to a year, but the only nerve issue I am having right now (that I have noticed) is the inside of my big toe is numb. But my doctor said that was to be expected and normal.

use rubbing medicine for your big toe. I used rubbing medicine for about 3 months, my big toe is ok now. I am going to have tenex procedure soon, my Sport medicine doctor suggested me.

I never had crutches. I went 2 weeks before I was really allowed to walk around, and I used a knee scooter. After that I was walking but only for a few hrs throughout the day

just gas pedal pumps and alphabet. Pressing my toe into the ground with my foot flat. I can begin to use an exercise band for flexion. Nothing to cause pain

cool and thanks. I’ve been doing the band flex on my big toe and the gas pumps. I’ve tried the alphabet but my ankles click so much from previous sprained ankles, it just grosses me out! Good luck healing.

← More Best Shoes After Foot Surgery