Community discussion
5.5 weeks post-op.
5.5 weeks post-op. Progressing in physical therapy. In addition to the usual toe mobility and balancing exercises, I did heel to toe walking on a straight line, zig zag lateral crab walks with a resistance band around my legs and monster walks with a resistance band. I actually broke a sweat. Felt good to actually work out! Not my physical therapist, but here is the lateral monster walk: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/uA9zEX3gL8U And here is the zig zag crab walk: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/twlQHjaSx94 5.5 weeks post-op. Progressing in physical therapy. In addition to the usual toe mobility and balancing exercises, I did heel to toe walking on a straight line, zig zag lateral crab walks with a resistance band around my legs and monster walks with a resistance band. I actually broke a sweat. Felt good to actually work out! Not my physical therapist, but here is the lateral monster walk: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/uA9zEX3gL8U YOUTUBE.COM Banded Lateral Monster Walk #howtoexercise #mobimobil #warmupexercises Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. Shared post Arnell Ernst I had bunion surgery 3 years ago. My pain and recovery had been tough. Finally went back to the doctor to discover my big toe joint is full of arthritis. We've tried anti-inflammatories, injections and ortho inserts. Nothing has helped enough. This had affected my daily life and hobbies. My next option is a big toe fusion. If you've had this done, can you share your outcome? After a failed bunion surgery, im scared for another surgery. TIA May be an image of bone and xray Shared post Ty Pie Annie Lennox was right, because if 🎶sweet dreams are made of this, and who am I to disagree?🎶 😅 I'm sitting at around 5 1/2 weeks post-op... from MIS bunion surgery, and today was like a dream... I always feel a light touch of anxiety before walking because I don't want any contact between my footwear and the incision site. So I took a deep breath and went for a walk in my wide-toe-box sandals (with orthopedic support), but WITHOUT using a protective Band-Aid to cushion my healing incisions. Just like Patti LaBelle & Michael McDonald, I did this 🎶On my own🎶 so I could walk with no pressure and alternate between walking faster or slower, finding my groove on my own terms. I complete all my toe/foot mobility exercises and things can still feel a little "tight" sometimes, and to the untrained eye, I probably look like I'm walking normally? But more importantly, my confidence is increasing. I can now use light/medium dumbbells for some exercises without the need for a chair... but I thought with all the core work I've been doing, Calvin Klein was going to call me for the summer ad campaign! 😅 It's worth mentioning that at about 2 weeks post-op, I noticed random light patches of skin near the incision site, and I was shedding so much skin (especially over where my old bunion used to reside) that I had to double-check it wasn't midnight and I wasn't howling at a full moon. Everything seems to have settled, and I think my obsession with moisturizing, drinking water, quality sleep, and listening to Louis Armstrong's "Wonderful World" helps a lot. Look after yourselves, my friends. Annie Lennox was right, because if sweet dreams are made of this, and who am I to disagree? I'm sitting at around 5 1/2 weeks post-op... from MIS bunion surgery, and today was like a dream... I always feel a light touch of anxiety before walking because I don't want any contact between my footwear and the incision site. So I took a deep breath and went for a walk in my wide-toe-box sandals (with orthopedic support), but WITHOUT using a protective Band-Aid to cushion my May be an image of one or more people and henna. May be an image of silo, tree and twilight. No photo description available.. May be an image of medicine and text that says '田 ADHESIVE WOUND ValueAid Box DRESSINGS Size: 25 Sterile Hypoallergenic Individually Wrapped .6cm 6cm To reorder call 0800 542 0323 + ValueAid ADHESIVE WOUND DRESSINGS Sizo:s 3.6cmx 6cm- Latex Fr EX A aktweAtmpe-ehHypoallargenic 0& aller farg Mavesestiya 06 or 25 25' Shared post
Archived from Bunion Surgery / Foot Surgery Support. The original discussion link is unavailable in this record.
Replies have not been captured for this archived discussion.
Replies have not yet been captured for this archived question.
Community replies
0 in this archive